Thursday, August 03, 2006

Whatever Happened to...Thirteen Bands/Artists to wonder about

1…. The Bluetones
They were the next big thing a few years ago. Everyone had their first album, it's good I listened to it today. Then Poof I never heard of them again.
2....Catatonia
The Welsh siren et al.They were huge for a while but then bam, now you see them now you don't!
3....Damien Rice
What's that you say, storm in teacup?
4....Lemon Jelly
One really good album and some bits and pieces, time for something really good again I think.
5....Joe Jackson
He was great, he should definitely make a comeback.
6....The Communards
They were good on top of the pops!
7....Texas
Another band that were huge but then what. Probably off enjoying their money somewhere.
8....Pulp
Now there's a band that should definitely make a com back. The world is a much bleaker place without them.
9....Blur
Forget all this Gorillaz rubbish, Blur were the real thing.
10....Terry Hall
Good in all of his incarnations.
11....Talking Heads
Yes I know David Byrne has done some good stuff without them. But sometimes a band just has the right chemistry.
12....Ultravox
Midge Ure should definitely be sharing that musical talent around a bit.
13....Yes
About time they resurfaced, noone writes lyrics as nonsensical as Jon Anderson.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kontan
2. Mysterious Lady
3. Norma
4. Raggedy
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only heard of a few...sometimes it is best to just let them go by the wayside!

I'm up at www.kontansplace.com

Meira{FB} said...

I don't know any of these! Must be different here in the states!

Happy TT

Norma said...

Got me! Never heard of any of them.

My TT is up.

Raggedy said...

I have not heard of any of those...
Good luck finding them..

My TT is up

Anonymous said...

Catatonia split up after Cerys went all mad. She's gone solo now, she's quite good. Pulp have grown up :( and Jarvis Cocker is married! with a baby! living in Paris! He's done some solo stuff, apparently it's filthy. Blur are meant to be coming back this year, but Damon Albran is so keen on the Gorillaz stuff that it has addled his brain :(

There you go. You know you're getting old when your favourite bands are classed as being classic Nineties music :(

My TT is on myspace.

Jeremy Conner said...

Joe Jackson...I had forgotten about him! Stepping Out!