Monday, August 14, 2006

Mostly Oldies to Start the Week

here is a playlist to start the week...(click on the link to hear sample) - lots of oldies this week!

1) Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
This sounds great through my new speakers!
2) Nobody Told Me - John Lennon
I've always had a soft spot for John and this is a great track.
3) Baby Come Home - John Martyn
from the album "On the Cobbles" Hunchermuncher played this to me a year or two ago and I was less than impressed, he put it on last week though and it was like hearing it through fresh ears. Suddenly I liked it - maybe girls come to the more bluesy stuff later, who knows.
4) As Tears Go By - Marianne Faithfull
thsi is a real oldie but a definite goodie - I am surprise this hasn't been used on any adverts yet.
5) The Dress Looks Nice on You - Sufjan Stevens
discovered Sufjan via someone elses blog - lovely!
6) Whistle Down The Wind - Nick Heywood
very old - I think I hated it at the time. Saw it on someone elses playlist a few weeks ago and have enjoyed hearing it again.
7) Falling Down - Muse
Yummy!
8) I Just Don' t Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
another track from the soundtrack of the excellent film Garden State
9) O Cara Linda (Mr Gorgeous) - Smoke City
10) Garota de Ipanema - Nara Leao & Elis Regina
a Lovely version of the Girl from Ipanema

No comments: