Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cheap versus Expensive Turntables

The stereo saga continues - we took the cd player and amplifier back to the shop today and after thorough tests (and much huffing and puffing) they declared that one of the channels wasn't working on the cd player (we knew that already!) and they swapped it for another one - hooray. Watch this place to see if this one is still working on three days time!

I had decided that I would finally buy the turntable at the same time and Hunchermuncher and the sales guy spents ages explaining to me why I should buy the more expensive sturdy model over the cosiderably cheaper flimsy one. When I was finally convinced the sales assistant went upstairs only to come back empty handed - after all that they didn't have one in stock. So the long and the short of it is that for now at least I still don't have a turntable and I have a bit of time to decide if I want to pay over £100 for one!

No comments: