Saturday, August 12, 2006

CD Buying Frenzy

In honour of my new stereo I have had a cd buying frenzy this week - on eby of course! The prices ranged from 99p to £5.99.
So far I have
Pure - The Lightning Seeds - this has to be the bargain of the week coming in at the massive price of 99p plus £1.00 postage! Who's Next - The Who - I had to get this after listening to "Won't Get Fooled Again" in the car last week.
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack - a great big blast from the past.
Led Zeppelin III - imagine my horror, I had just got the new stereo set up and I was desperate to listen to immigrant song - then I discovered I only had it on vinyl or mp3!
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses - I only ever had these two albums on tape. They have survived the test of time very well - takes me back a few years - this is proper music - they don't make em like this any more!
Invisible Touch - Genesis - this uses to be one of my favourite albums in my commune days. I bought Genesis Geatest Hits a couple of years ago, which is really good, but this is one of the few albums of theirs that is good the whole way through and I found myself hankering after tracks like "The Brazilian" that aren't on Greatest Hits.
Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out - I always liked this alot more than Tubular Bells, but then I never was one to run with the pack. This arrived this morning so haven't managed to listen to it yet. It will be interesting to see how they have remastered it.

No comments: