Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hot Chips



Really enjoyed the UK electronic dance band Hot Chip on Later with Jools Holland last night. I had never heard them before but found them refreshingly different from other bands around at the moment - if you click on the link above you can go to their web site and listen to tracks from their album "The Warning".

I also found myself enjoying watching Morrisey. I used to be a fan of the Smiths (although not when it was fashionable!), but have not warmed to Morrisey's more recent work. After watching him on Jonathan Ross a cople of weeks ago I found myself left cold. But I have to say some of those tracks grow on you and his present band are really tight - I just couldn't get over how good they were, and "The Youngest Was the Most Loved" is a brilliant track, well worth a listen.

No comments: