Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Art Sabbatical


Read Me Like an Open Book
Originally uploaded by pupski.
I must get back to doing some art work - it's not that I haven't been creative - I have been doing a lot of writing recently. But I feel the need to do something a bit more messy and hands on.

I think I have been too busy giving myself a hard time about money and not enough work. I realised this morning (while I was doing my morning pages!) that I should be less hard on myself. I should view the next two months as a semi sabbatical, with odd bits of work. It is the summer holidays in July and N will be home full time and after that I start a full time course at the school of art and design. It has been a hard year what with my mum being ill and everything. I should stop worrying about what other people think of me and give myself a break!

As for now I am going to dig out my art diaries and see if I can get me some inspiration!

No comments: