Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pulp pop and ranchy rock

After an uncomfortable morning enduring balance tests at the hospital (having hot water pumped into your ears to make you dizzy and nauseous and the like!) followed by a concillatory coffee with Hunchermuncher I feel I need to share this weeks top ten tracks on my MP3 player. So hear goes.... (in no particular order)

1) P J Harvey - Kamikaze

Revisted this after they used it for an ad on Sky Tv - Pure Brilliance!

2) Utah Saints - Something Good

Excellent track, mostly due to the Kate Bush sample.

3) A-ha - All I want

The new single from those Norwegian boys, who many of you might remember (fondly or otherwise from the 1980s). Poppy but pleasently palatable.....

4) Dolly Parton - Jolene

Don't ask me why, I just fancied it!

5) Ruts - West One (shine on me)

Excellent stuff, what a great band they were! Might have gone on to even greater things if it had not been for the untimely demise of their singer Malcom Owen.

6) Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body

Well I did warn you that I like pulp pop at this time of year. I hated this track when it came out and was being played in all the shops but it has kind of grown on me. Is that the taste police i hear knocking at the door?

7) Love Spit Love - How soon is now?

An excellent cover of a Smiths classic, which (or witch) was used as the theme music to the tv programme Charmed.

8) The Magic Numbers - I see you see me

Love the melodies on this, haven't heard much of the numbers but what I have heard I am liking!

9) Pearl Jam - Given to Fly

Love it, love it, love it!

10) Green Day - She's a Rebel

was a hard chice between this one and Jesus of Suburbia ( which incidently takes up a massive 14 mb on the MP3 player but is worth every second!).


No comments: