Sunday, January 08, 2006

Little Wonder versus Firestarter

There I was trying to prove that bits of "Sexy Boy" by Air sound similar to a bit of a Bon Jovi track and an (as yet) unidentified David Bowie track, when I clicked on "Little Wonder" by David Bowie in my itunes folder. That sounds like "Firestarter" by the Prodigy says Hunchermuncher and whaddya know he's dead right! I downloaded said Prodigy track and if you listen past the intro to where the drumbeat starts it is very much like "Little Wonder". Firestarter was released in 1996 and Little Wonder was released in 1997. I couldn't find any mention of similarities anywhere, however DB does cite The Prodigy as one of his influences in making the album Earthling from whence said track came. Coinicidence or not? Naughty David!

No comments: