Thursday, November 17, 2005

Take me back to the teen Disco....

I think that what I really need in my life right now is a good old fashioned disco - you know the kind you went to when you were 13. Where they sold bottles of coca cola and packets of crisps. I used to go to the 13 - 15 year olds disco at the community centre on our estate - it all seemed very exciting back then. They used to play gems like Le Freak by Chic, Supernature by Cerrone, Abba, Boney M, Baccara, Donna Summer...... And if you were really lucky you might get asked to dance to I'm not in love or some other smoochy record (if you were really lucky you might get asked by someone you actually wanted to dance with).

Oh the heady days of youth....however, it's not the teen hormones that I am missing but a good old fashioned disco where you can go and dance your socks off. It's just not the same doing it alone in your living room and night clubs these days are full of aggressive drunks, well they are here anyway. Ahhh well back to the living room with me......

No comments: