Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Autumn Leaves and songs that sum up modern America


Golden Autumn Leaves
Originally uploaded by pupski.
Freaky beaky - autumn is upon us. I took this pic of autumn leaves last week and although I really like it, sadly it has only had three views on Flickr, whereas the other leaf pics that weren't so good have had more visits - weird. Anyway I love autumn as I think I have said before, the air smells of bonfires, gunpowder and leaf mold, the colours are glorious and the sounds are great too.

Not listened to much music this week. Last week was a cross between old rock hits (Guns n Roses, Whitesnake, Crosby Stills Nash & Young etc) and modern Brits (Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs etc) with a bit of Clash, U2, Stereophonics and Rezillos thrown in for good measure!

Thinkin what would one have in a top ten that was really american, you could do the obvious choices like New York, New York, Born in the USA and American Pie. But that would be a bit cliche and boring. I can see that I am going to have to give some seious thought to this.

Immediate tracks that spring to mind are Small Town Boy by John Cougar Mellancamp (or even Jack and Diane?), The River by Bruce Springsteen, and maybe something by Green Day.

more later......

No comments: