Saturday, September 03, 2005

Stewpot and Magic Roundabout...

I have been rmembering the awful records that stewpot (Ed Stewart) used to play on children's favourites on radio 1 on a Saturday morning. Can you imagine they wouldn't play stuff for kids on radio 1 now. It wouldn't be cool enough.

Mind you I didn't like most of it and i WAS a kid!

corkers I can remember are:
Little White Bull - Tommy Steele
My Brother - Terry Scott
Camp Grenada
Grandad - Clive Dunn
The Ugly Duckling - Mike Read
Various Rolf Harris numbers

kids today just wouldn't stand for it. Mind you I didn't mind old Rolfy that much, they used to play his records at school along with a creepy LP of Dougal and the Blue Cat,which is from the Magic Roundabout film of the same name. Now that was a CREEPY film! That blue cat was so sinister and scary...



No comments: