Monday, September 26, 2005

Bob Dylan, david Bowie and all that


Just finished watching the first part of Martin Scorsese's film about one of the greatest poets of all time Bob Dylan.

It reminded me just what a great poet Dylan is (and how he is till a very sexy man - probably more so now than when he was younger!!).

"It was gravity which pulled us down and destiny which broke us apart
You tamed the lion in my cage but it just wasn't enough to change my heart.
Now everything's a little upside down, as
a matter of fact the wheels have stopped,
What's good is bad, what's bad is good, you'll find
out when you reach the top
You're on the bottom."

(from Idiot Wind)

Apologies must go to David Bowie and Nirvana amongst others. I realised that I was very remiss with which Bowie songs I included in my top 100. I should have definitely had Can You Hear Me (from young Americans), Jump They Say from Black Tie, White Noise and Little Wonder from Earthling - should be included if only for the lyrics - "Stinky weather, Fat shaky hands, Dopey morning Doc, Grumpy gnomes, Little wonder then, little wonder, You little wonder, little wonder you. Big screen dolls, tits and explosions, Sleepytime, Bashful but nude, Little wonder then, little wonder, You little wonder, little wonder you. I'm getting it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could revamp your top 100 - into decades - 60's/70's etc...

A lot of work I know! - but it'll be fun to read.

Julia said...

that's a good idea - will work on that one - thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

Or you could do top 10 categories - rock/female artist/pop etc...

Artists or groups that have had a major influence on you can have their own.

I know in my top 10 Bowie songs - Kooks - Drive in Saturday - Sorrow (I know it's a cover) - Station to station would be in there...