Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Greatest song lines of all time


I find myself wondering what are the greatest song lines of all time. here are a few that I like...

"my balls feel like a pair of maracas" (Frank Zappa, Why does it hurt when I pee)

"Frankly Mister Shankly since you ask, you are a flatulent pain in the arse" (the Smiths, Frankly Mister Shankly)

"All the way from Washington. Her bread-winner begs off the bathroom floor "We live for just these twenty years. Do we have to die for the fifty more?" (David Bowie, Young Americans)

"But I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo." (Creep, Radiohead)

"There is no pain, you are receding. A distant ship's smoke on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'." (Comfortably numb, Pink Floyd)

"Arnold Layne had a strange hobby, collecting clothes, moonshine, washing line, they suit him fine" (Arnold Layne , Pink Floyd)

"I stumbled to my feet. I rode past destruction in the ditches. With the stitches still mending 'neath a heart-shaped tattoo. Renegade priests and treacherous young witches Were handing out the flowers that I'd given to you." (Changing of the Guards, Bob Dylan)

These are just a few - would love to know which lyrics other people rate!


No comments: