Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What a tool

Well here I am, I have just won three games of scrabble on the net, had a bottle of beer and am feeling fairly chilled out. Today has been hectic - mounting work for the end of year show and sadly despite all my talk of feminism yesterday I found myself to sadly incompetent with an electric drill and power saw (or scared?) and allowed the put upon and invaluable MALE technician to saw my wood and drill my holes. However after looking at this video of scantily clad women using power tools I feel proud to be incompetent.

Was sad to hear today that the part time access to art and design course that I have been doing is AXED after this year, apparently the government is focusing on 16 -19 year olds. Well that's all very well but it's a bit short sighted, not all 16 - 19 year olds succeed in education the first time round if they don't have supportive families and surely the government should be encouraging adults who are in low paid jobs or on benefits to get qualified and get better jobs so we might be better able to pay our kids university fees and support ourselves in our old age - they are after all often banging on about the aging population and the burden on the welfare state.

On a lighter note maybe we should make Bodger (and badger) the next prime minister. I think that Tony Blair is looking more and more like him the longer he is in office - having badger and mousie round for a mashed potato fight might make him lighten up a bit and stop acing like such an a***! All togther now :
Everybody knows, Badger loves...MASH POTATOES!He makes them into shapes and eats them every-day!
Bodger and Badger, Bodger and Badger.La, La, La, La-lah,La, La, La, La-lah
Bodger and Badger are never far away.

No comments: