Sunday, May 22, 2005

Cinema

Went to the cinema the other night to see Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, which I have to confess I was a little disappointed in. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that is wrong with the film. It could be that I just know the story too well and so there was no surprises, it could be that it just works better on the radio or as a book, it could be because they have changed the story (left bits out and made a love story where there was none), or it could be that the actors were just not up to it. The special effects were excellent but and the actors were certainly trying hard but somehow it just didn't work.

Talking of cinema I have myself getting excited about seeing the new Star Wars film Revenge of the Sith . It's funny how I have found myself buying into the build up and excitement even though I was disappointed by the last star wars film. It's as though on some level I can't quite believe that George Lucas could make two bad films in a row.

No comments: