Sunday, May 22, 2005

Books....

Lokking at Dr Joolz blog about Flat Stanley got me thinking about children's books. I was an avid reader as a child. I started off with books like Cat in the Hat from the young learners series (others were One Fish, two Fish Red fish Blue Fish, A Fly Went By, Green Eggs and Ham, The King, the Mice and the Cheese, The Three Bears Picnic and my favourite The Diggingest Dog (click on titles for fun pages!).

Later on I graduated to Enid Blyton, which I was into in a big way, I used to get second hand Secret Sevens and Famous Fives from a little eccentric second hand book shop called the Scientific Anglian in St Benedicts Street in Norwich, which was like a maze of little rickety staircases and floor to ceiling dark wooden shelving heaving with books of every sort imaginable. I loved that shop as a child and was sad to see it closed. Sadly shops like that aren't possible any more in this age of safety paranoia!

No comments: